Find other Businesses
With consistently good reviews for the quality of its food, The Great Moghul is a well respected Indian Restaurant and claims to be the best in Eastleigh. Established in 1990, this traditionally decorated and friendly Indian restaurant is also the longest established in the town.
The fully licensed and air-conditioned Tandoori Restaurant specialises in traditional and authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine. Up to 70 diners can be accommodated and the attentive staff will cater for parties and special occasion celebrations, making sure the customer’s individual requirements are met with the utmost care and efficiency.
Their head chef, who was originally trained in India and has over 20 years experience as a chef, oversees a menu that provides a great selection of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes – with the house speciality being their Tandoori dishes. The Great Moghul believes that Tandoori (clay oven) is the best method of Indian cooking, with the dishes firstly marinated in a traditional barbecue sauce, then cooked and served with a unique presentation of rice and vegetable curry.
Open every day for lunch and evening meals, all meals are all freshly prepared to order using locally sourced fresh ingredients. Dishes served include the following:-
• Batak Dishes – a selection of very tasty and tender duck dishes
• Zal Piaza Dishes – pieces of chicken, meat or king prawn marinated in yogurt, herbs and special spices. Grilled in a clay oven (Tandoori), then cooked in a delicious sauce blended with aromatic spices, tomatoes and green peppers (medium hot)
• Korai Speciality – these dishes are prepared in a special thick sauce and then cooked again in a hot korai with slices of onion, green peppers and various spices
• Kasmiri Dishes – mild curry with banana and pineapples
• Bhuna Dishes – are prepared in a special spicy sauce and blended with freshly cooked tomatoes and coriander leaves to enhance the flavour.
• Moulay Dishes – pieces of chicken, meat or king prawn with special aromatic spices and chopped radish (Madras Hot)
• Biriani Dishes – a traditional North Indian dish. Cooked with saffron, mild aromatic spices and served with a vegetable curry
• Balti Dishes – are cooked with special spices, sizzling tomatoes and coriander, then served in a cast iron Kashmiri pan (Balti), with their own special blend of aromatic spices
Every Sunday and Monday evening an ‘eat as much as you like' buffet is available and, at £11.50 per person, is exceptionally good value. In addition, every Sunday lunchtime their 'eat as much as you like buffet' is only £6.95.
To complement your meal, The Great Moghul offers a fine selection of wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks.
A take away service is now available with free delivery.
For further details and to view their restaurant and take away menus please visit the website, link below.
Sign Up today! Start Saving!